Study & Stay PEI Program
Mentor applications for the Study & Stay PEI program are now open! If you are passionate about sharing your knowledge, skills and experience with international students in Prince Edward Island, this volunteer opportunity is for you!
Please visit HERE to sign up today!
As a mentor, you will:
- Meet with your assigned student at least four times between January and June 2023;
- Share your knowledge, skills, advice, and connections;
- Work one-on-one with your mentee to support their professional learning goals;
- Give your mentee feedback on areas of strength and improvement;
- Be open and responsive to questions related to working in the province; and
- Be available to support your student in their professional journey.
Meetings will typically last an hour and can be conducted in person (following the public health guidelines), online, or by phone.
The mentee is responsible for driving the mentoring relationship. Once matched with a mentor, the mentee will contact the mentor to set a time to meet. After the four meetings, there is no requirement for the mentor and mentee to meet; however, if both parties agree, the mentoring relationship can continue.
About the Study & Stay PEI Program:
The Study & Stay PEI Program is funded by the province of Prince Edward Island and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency.
The goal of Study & Stay PEI is to support a group of international students in their final semester/year of study at a PEI post-secondary institution to live, work, and stay in Prince Edward Island post-graduation. The program provides student participants with the essential skills, resources, and support needed as they transition from ‘student’ to ‘professional’ in their final semester/year of study.
The program is free to selected students.
The program focuses on:
- Cultural and social adaptation
- Professional communication
- Career and labour market support
- Networking and professional connections
- Access to immigration resources and support and
- Mentorship opportunities
As a mentor, you can be a part of this support system and share your valuable knowledge, skills and experience with international students.
For more information on the Study & Stay PEI program or on other education and training opportunities in Prince Edward Island, Canada, please contact:
email@example.com | (902) 566-6083
Abby Goodwin, Study & Stay PEI Program Coordinator
Cecia Huang, Study & Stay PEI Program Assistant
Follow Us On: