Study & Stay PEI Program
Student applications closed. Mentor applications will open in the Winter 2023.
Are you a working professional looking to share your knowledge, experience and skills? Become a volunteer mentor today in the Study & Stay PEI program and support a graduating international student in starting their career in PEI!
If you are in one of these fields:
- Arts and Culture, Community Development, Non-profit, Tourism & Hospitality
- Accounting, Business, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Marketing , Sales, Public Relations, & Information Technology
- Engineering, Science, Education, Natural Resources, & Trades
And are interested in:
- Meeting with your assigned mentee 4 times between January – June 2024 (about 4 hours commitment).
- Sharing your knowledge, skills, advice, and connections;
- Giving your mentee feedback on areas of strength and improvement;
- Being open and responsive to questions related to working in the province.
Then you would be a great fit for our mentorship program!
Mentor applications will open in the Winter 2023.
About the Study & Stay PEI Program:
The Study & Stay PEI Program is funded by the province of Prince Edward Island and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency.
The goal of Study & Stay PEI is to support a group of international students in their final semester/year of study at a PEI post-secondary institution to live, work, and stay in Prince Edward Island post-graduation. Applicants should be committed to living and working in PEI post-graduation and demonstrate leadership and initiate on and off campus. Chosen applicants will be expected to participate and complete all program tasks and activities. This is a commitment of 2 hours per week for the duration of the program.
Applicants from one of the following PEI post-secondary institutions are welcome to apply:
– University of Prince Edward Island
– Holland College
– Collège de I’île
The program is free to selected students.
The program provides student participants with the essential skills, resources, and support needed as they transition from ‘student’ to ‘professional’ in their final semester/year of study. The program will have activities and workshops on:
- Cultural and Social Adaptation
- Professional Communications and Networking Skills
- Career and Labour Market Support
- Access to immigration Resources & Support
- Mentorship Opportunities
For more information on the Study & Stay PEI program, please contact:
Martin Watson, Study & Stay PEI Program Coordinator
Sherilyn Acorn, Study & Stay PEI Program Manager
Follow Us On: